Monday, July 31, 2006

7.5 miles in 30 mins

Boy, am I sacked...

I'm going to try to enter a DINO series race at the Town Run trail, and I have to do it (according to last year's results) in about 34 minutes or so. So, I did 6 laps around Laurel Lakes and went into West Village to get the last 1/2 mile in. Boy, was it hot! My water bottle was very hot and unappealing... and I could feel the heat coming through the bottoms of my shoes. I was gasping for breath but I did it with a few pauses of pedaling.

But, I proved that I can go 7.5 miles in 30 minutes. Since it was all flat pavement, I'll probably be slower, but I was fighting a strong head-wind, so I might be faster.

When I got home I was soo exhausted I could hardly stand up, so after a couple of glasses of cold water, I slumped against the bathroom wall for over 10 mintes. I was trying to relax and not puke or pass out. Fortunantly I didn't do either, and after a while I was ok. That race should be fun!

I also found this picture called "Bee is for bicycle"
- Link -

Tm: 32 minutes
Mi: 7:98
Tp. Spd: 18.9mph
Av. Spd: 14.5mph

No comments: