Sunday, August 06, 2006

4mph over the speed limit

I went to West Park, kicking myself for not going to the TRTP yesterday. I started to go up the big hill (my front derailleur worked!) but there was a family at the top so I slowed to much then my chain jumped and I stopped. I turned my bike on the side of the hill then flew down. (Always the best part) Since I didn't get to the top I hadn't shifted back in my second gear, leaving me pumping like a maniac 'till I shifted. (up 2, down 1) I did the woods trail at a faster speed than normal, trying to get ready for the trail. Then I went and blasted the small hills and headed back towards home.

I crossed from Laurel Lakes to West Village amd decided I was going to break the speed limit. (the speed limit is 20mph) I've done it before but I wanted to go faster, so, when I got to the longest stretch of straight road I took off. For the first block I only pedaled slowly faster which wasn't good enough. I got up to 24mph before I had to slow down to make the turn. It was fun.

I went by the pool and fountains, getting my breath back. About then a Porche 911 pulled into West Village, the guy was driving slow just looking at everything, so I made a point of "racing" him for a few blocks. (me, of course, going a lot faster) Then I jumped the curbs by the pool and headed home.

Tm: 29 minutes
Mi: 5.98
Tp. Spd: 24mph
Av. Spd: 12.3mph

No comments: