Friday, May 26, 2006

Got my bike back

I got a new wheel and tire from Bike Wave. Total was a little over $60. When I got home I inflated the tire, which for some reason they didn't do all the way, and it seemed to wo work great! I didn't have a change to take it out real far, far enough to qualify as a ride. After I gave my younger brother more biking lessons, I went and got our old Huffy Wild Wood girls coaster at of the barn. I scrubbed it and inflated the tires then took it for a spin weaving around the Laurel Lakes. It's really comfy and is great for hands-free driving! Since my mountain bike can't balance, it was hard getting used to, but I could go for about 30 seconds at a time.

Mr. W. says we're going on bike ride tomorrow! Unfortunantly, until he gets the full-suspension frame he wants, we're not going to go on the Town Run Trail (the best trail near us) so I'm guessing we're going on the Tow Canal Path, or the Monon Trail. It will be my first "real" bike ride of the season!

No comments: